|© Rogers & Associates, Inc. All Rights Reserved
Rock Hill, South Carolina
Wachovia Center, formerly the A. Friedheim & Bro. Building,
is located in downtown Rock Hill, South Carolina. This historic
adaptive reuse development project that was completed in
1997 is currently home to several major office tenants
including Wachovia, Anderson Griggs, James C. Hardin III
PLLC, and The Cookie Cafe.
The original 1896 structure housed the Friedham
department store. The Friedham Building quickly became the
Rock Hill landmark and the department store gave the
community 98 years of service. The building was used for
many different uses over the next 3 and a half decades.
Finally in the early 1990s, local leaders began to envision a
downtown revitalization. Immediately the town knew that
renovation construction expertise was needed as well as a
developer with vision. The Town sought out Rogers &
Associates to make the revitalization happen.
Now, the Friedham Building has been restored to its
landmark status and stands proud on Main Street.